Tel: +44 (0)121 348 8150
Entry: Charges apply to house only. Gardens, grounds and visitor facilities are free to all visitors.
Children under 16 FREE
Annual multi site pass: £20 individual, £30 joint
Free entry on the first Sunday of the month.
Tuesday to Sunday 12pm-4pm. Closed Mondays (except Bank Holidays).
Open Saturday 12 April - Sunday 2 November.
Soho House was the elegant home of industrialist and enterpreneur Matthew Boulton from 1766 to 1809. Carefully restored, this fashionable Georgian house features period room interiors with fine collections of ormolu, silver, furniture and paintings.
It was once a regular meeting place for some of the greatest minds of the 18th century. Matthew Boulton (1728-1809) was a founding member of the Lunar Society, a group of great thinkers and inventors who met regularly at his home at Soho House. Boulton’s guests included James Watt, Erasmus Darwin, Josiah Wedgwood and Joseph Priestley. To follow in the footsteps of members of the Lunar Society download the Lunar Society Trail which contains a city centre walk plus an out-of-town guide to other sites including Soho House.
Highlights at Soho House include:
- The Dining Room – a regular venue for meetings of the famous Lunar Society.
- Displays of silver and ormolu produced in the Soho Manufactory – one of the first factories in the world.
- The stunning ormolu Sidereal clock made by Boulton and Fothergill, 1771-72.
- The beautiful 18th century garden recreated using Matthew Boulton’s original planting lists.
Free access to the Visitor Centre, shop, tearoom and garden. The house is normally closed in the winter months. We take schools and pre-booked organised groups all year round. On some days the historic house may be accessible by guided tour only. We advise visitors who wish to undertake a self directed visit to contact the museum on 0121 348 8150 to confirm opening arrangements before their visit.
What's On at Soho House in July
- Summer at Soho. Friday 25th July, 1.00pm - 3.00pm. Enjoy crafts at Soho every Friday during the school holidays. £1.
- Health and Well-being Day. Friday 25th July, 12noon- 4pm.
Soho House is hosting the first Arts Health and Wellbeing Event with a range of information, advice stalls, presentations and workshops which will be available on the day.
For more information on events and activities check the What’s On page for listings.
Weddings at Soho House
Soho House can be booked for weddings – with civil ceremonies taking place in the famous Lunar Room. For more information please see our Soho House Wedding Pack. Contact +44 (0)121 348 8150 or email Soho.House@birminghammuseums.org.uk