Tel: +44 (0)121 554 9122
Entry: Charges apply to house only. Gardens, grounds and visitor facilities are free to all visitors.
Children under 16 FREE
Annual multi site pass: £20 individual, £30 joint
Free entry on the first Sunday of the month.
Tuesday to Sunday 12pm-4pm. Closed Mondays (except Bank Holidays).
Open Saturday 12 April - Sunday 2 November.
Soho House was the elegant home of industrialist and enterpreneur Matthew Boulton from 1766 to 1809. Carefully restored, this fashionable Georgian house features period room interiors with fine collections of ormolu, silver, furniture and paintings.
It was once a regular meeting place for some of the greatest minds of the 18th century. Matthew Boulton (1728-1809) was a founding member of the Lunar Society, a group of great thinkers and inventors who met regularly at his home at Soho House. Boulton’s guests included James Watt, Erasmus Darwin, Josiah Wedgwood and Joseph Priestley. To follow in the footsteps of members of the Lunar Society download the Lunar Society Trail which contains a city centre walk plus an out-of-town guide to other sites including Soho House.
Highlights at Soho House include:
- The Dining Room – a regular venue for meetings of the famous Lunar Society.
- Displays of silver and ormolu produced in the Soho Manufactory – one of the first factories in the world.
- The stunning ormolu Sidereal clock made by Boulton and Fothergill, 1771-72.
- The beautiful 18th century garden recreated using Matthew Boulton’s original planting lists.
Free access to the Visitor Centre, shop, tearoom and garden. The house is normally closed in the winter months. We take schools and pre-booked organised groups all year round. On some days the historic house may be accessible by guided tour only. We advise visitors who wish to undertake a self directed visit to contact the museum on 0121 5549122 to confirm opening arrangements before their visit.
What's On at Soho House in April
- Easter Egg Hunt. 12th - 27th April.
Join in our Easter egg hunt and win a chocolatey prize. Free.
- Easter make & take craft activity. 18th April, 1pm to 3pm.
Make your very own pop-up Easter cone puppet to take home. £1 per child.
- Easter make & take craft activity. 20th April, 1pm to 3pm.
Make your very own Easter Bonnet. Free.
- Easter make & take craft activity. 21st April, 1pm to 3pm.
Come along and join in our Egg-citing craft activity. Free.
- Easter make & take craft activity. 25th April, 1pm to 3pm.
Make your very own Bunny hop! Free.
- Yummy Brummie: Eat your way through history Bank Holiday Monday 5th May 2014. Visit Soho House & Museum of the Jewllery Quarter for an afternoon of food tasting, craft and storytelling.
- Power Up! Monday 26th May, 12 noon - 4pm. Steam themed fun at Soho. Free.
What's On at All Birmingham Museums' Heritage Sites
For more information on events and activities check the What’s On page for listings.
Weddings at Soho House
Soho House can be booked for weddings – with civil ceremonies taking place in the famous Lunar Room. For more information please see our Soho House Wedding Pack. Contact +44 (0)121 5549122 or email Soho.House@birminghammuseums.org.uk