Museum of the Jewellery Quarter - Group Visits
The Museum of the Jewellery Quarter is built around a perfectly preserved jewellery workshop offering a unique glimpse of working life in Birmingham’s famous Jewellery Quarter.
When the proprietors of the Smith & Pepper jewellery manufacturing firm retired in 1981 they simply ceased trading and locked the door, unaware they would be leaving a time capsule for future generations...
Today the factory is a remarkable museum, which tells the story of the Jewellery Quarter and Birmingham’s renowned jewellery and metalworking heritage.
Explore this extraordinary industrial time capsule on a lively guided tour. Here you will find things left as they were on Smith & Pepper’s last working day. Gather round the main jewellers’ bench to watch a demonstration of the traditional skills of this fine trade and discover what it was like to work here.
The museum also has an interactive gallery exploring the story of the Jewellery Quarter which features a wide range of spectacular, locally-made jewellery and metalwares. The museum shop sells original work by local designer jewellers, along with a wide variety of gifts and books.
Group bookings include:
- Guided tour of the Smith & Pepper factory
- Min group 8 and max group 60
- Coach welcomed by member of staff
- Free admission and hot drink for coach driver
- Free admission to group organiser
- Free familiarisation visit for group organiser
- On-street coach parking bay (max stay 2hrs)
- Visit between mid September and mid October for 10% discount
- Book to visit two Birmingham Heritage Sites* for 10% discount (cannot be used in conjunction with other discount)
- Catering can be arranged with site
* Birmingham Heritage Sites are Aston Hall, Blakesley Hall, Museum of the Jewellery Quarter, Sarehole Mill, Soho House and Weoley Castle.
Pre-booked guided tours: £4 per person.
Available all year round, Tuesday - Saturday 10.30am - 5pm (last tour 4pm).
Evenings: Prices available on request.
To make a booking
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your enquiry.
Groups Information Pack.