Museum Collections Centre -
The Museum Collections Centre in Nechells has brought together 80 per cent of Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery’s stored collections under one roof.
The 1.5 hectare site, close to Duddeston Station, holds hundreds of thousands of fascinating objects currently not on display. Guided tours and group visits allow you to see a vast range of objects in a real Aladdin’s cave, often with a real focus on Birmingham and the West Midlands. Among the collections are steam engines, sculptures, machinery, an entire collection of Austin, Rover and MG motor cars - even shoes and a chip fryer! Visitors often find themselves on a trip down memory lane.
The contrasting mix of objects and the behind-the-scenes atmosphere at the collections centre make it an intriguing place to explore and discover more about museum stores.
Guided tours are available for group bookings. Tailored visits and study days may also be arranged (prices on request).
Group bookings include:
- An introduction to the site and guided tour
- Max group 15 people (multiple tours can be arranged for larger groups)
- Free familiarisation visit for group organiser
- Large, free, car park for cars and coaches
- Catering can be arranged with site, or space for packed lunches to be consumed
- Specialist tours (additional fee may apply)
£55 per standard group tour.
The Museum Collections Centre is open by appointment only Monday - Friday.
To make a booking
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your enquiry.
Groups Information Pack.