Tel: +44 (0)121 464 2193
Entry: Charges apply to house only. Gardens, grounds and visitor facilities are free to all visitors.
Children under 16 FREE
Annual multi site pass: £20 individual, £30 joint
Free entry on the first Sunday of the month.
Tuesday to Sunday 12pm-4pm. Closed Mondays (except Bank Holidays).
Open Saturday 12 April - Sunday 2 November.
The timber-framed house was built in 1590 by Richard Smalbroke, a member of one of Birmingham’s leading merchant families. More than 400 years later, beautiful Blakesley is still a haven; secluded from the avenues of modern houses that lie beyond its gates. Admission charges apply to the Hall only. Gardens, grounds and visitor facilities are free to all vistors. There is free admission to the entire site on the first Sunday in every month during the open season.
What will I see?
- The traditional herb garden and orchard – a haven for butterflies and birds
- The 400-year-old wall decorations in the Painted Chamber
- The Long Table in the Great Hall – an original piece of furniture listed in the 1684 inventory of the house
- The mural of Blakesley Hall inside the main entrance to the visitor centre – painted by Julie Eyett in 2001
What's On at Blakesley Hall in April
- Tom, Frank and May - One Family's Story.
12th April - 2nd November.
This exhibition tells the First World War story of the Merry family who lived at Blakesley Hall from 1901 to 1932. Entrance to the exhibition is included in the admission price.
- Blakesley's Great Outdoor Adventure - Garden Graffiti.
15th and 17th April, 12pm to 3pm.
Outdoor adventure activities for families in the garden with the theme of 'Garden Graffiti'. £1 per child.
- Blakesley's Great Outdoor Adventure - Bugalicious Bugs.
22nd and 24th April. 12pm to 3pm.
Outdoor adventure activities for families in the garden with the theme of 'Bugalicious Bug Hotel Bonanza'. £1 per child.
What's On at All Birmingham Museums' Heritage Sites
For more information on events and activities check the What’s On page for listings.
See our images of Blakesley Hall from the past and present on flickr.
Weddings at Blakesley Hall
Blakesley Hall is registered as an official location for civil ceremonies. Find out about getting married at Blakesley Hall - Weddings.