Tel: +44 (0)121 464 2193
Entry: Charges apply to house only. Gardens, grounds and visitor facilities are free to all visitors.
Children under 16 FREE
Annual multi site pass: £20 individual, £30 joint
Free entry on the first Sunday of the month.
Blakesley Hall is now closed for the winter and will open again on Saturday 12 April 2014.
Specialist guided tours most Tuesdays at 11am throughout the winter, £7. For details of dates see What's On.
The timber-framed house was built in 1590 by Richard Smalbroke, a member of one of Birmingham’s leading merchant families. More than 400 years later, beautiful Blakesley is still a haven; secluded from the avenues of modern houses that lie beyond its gates. Admission charges apply to the Hall only. Gardens, grounds and visitor facilities are free to all vistors. There is free admission to the entire site on the first Sunday in every month during the open season.
What will I see?
- The traditional herb garden and orchard – a haven for butterflies and birds
- The 400-year-old wall decorations in the Painted Chamber
- The Long Table in the Great Hall – an original piece of furniture listed in the 1684 inventory of the house
- The mural of Blakesley Hall inside the main entrance to the visitor centre – painted by Julie Eyett in 2001
What's On at Blakesley Hall
- Tuesday Tours. 5th November - 18th March, 11am.
Themed tours of Blakesley Hall throughout the winter season. Please see What's On for specific tours and dates. £7 includes tea/coffee.
- Animal Mania & Willow Weaving - 18th February, 12pm-3.30pm
Mobile zoo Animal Mania are visiting with their cute and furry animals, £1 per person. Also, help our willow weaver create an animal friend for our scarecrow.
What's On at All Birmingham Museums' Heritage Sites
For more information on events and activities check the What’s On page for listings.
See our images of Blakesley Hall from the past and present on flickr.
Weddings at Blakesley Hall
Blakesley Hall is registered as an official location for civil ceremonies. Find out about getting married at Blakesley Hall - Weddings.