Tel: +44 (0)121 348 8120
Winter season entry to Blakesley Hall is by pre-booked scheduled guided tour only, tickets cost £7 per person (includes a hot drink). Please call to book.
Pre-booked guided tours are available on the first Tuesday of the month at 11am, £7. See 'What's On' for dates.
The timber-framed house was built in 1590 by Richard Smalbroke, a member of one of Birmingham’s leading merchant families. More than 400 years later, beautiful Blakesley is still a haven; secluded from the avenues of modern houses that lie beyond its gates. Admission charges apply to the Hall only. Gardens, grounds and visitor facilities are free to all vistors. There is free admission to the entire site on the first Sunday in every month during the open season.
What will I see?
- The traditional herb garden and orchard – a haven for butterflies and birds
- The 400-year-old wall decorations in the Painted Chamber
- The Long Table in the Great Hall – an original piece of furniture listed in the 1684 inventory of the house
- The mural of Blakesley Hall inside the main entrance to the visitor centre – painted by Julie Eyett in 2001
What's On at Blakesley Hall in from November to December
- Tuesday Tour. 2nd December, 11am.
Delve deeper into Blakesley's exciting history with a tour of the Hall. Tours last 1 hour and includes a cup of tea or coffee. £7 per person.
- Christmas Tours. 8th-11th December.
See Blakesley Hall decorated for Christmas and take part in our Festive tour delivered by a costumed guide! Ticket includes a warming mug of hot berry punch and a mince pie. Pre-booking essential call 0121 348 8120. £8 per person.
- Victorian Christmas. 13th December, 11am-3.30pm
See Blakesley Hall dressed for Christmas, meet Victorian characters preparing for the Yuletide festivities, witness a Victorian magic lantern show and listen to carols performed by Divertimento choir and St Barnabas handbell ringers. Pre-booking essential call 0121 348 8120. Adults £10, concessions £8.
What's On at All Birmingham Museums' Heritage Sites
For more information on events and activities check the What’s On page for listings.
See our images of Blakesley Hall from the past and present on flickr.
Weddings at Blakesley Hall
Blakesley Hall is registered as an official location for civil ceremonies. Find out about getting married at Blakesley Hall - Weddings.