Tel: +44 (0)121 464 2193
Entry: Charges apply to house only. Gardens, grounds and visitor facilities are free to all visitors.
Children under 16 FREE
Annual multi site pass: £20 individual, £30 joint
Free entry on the first Sunday of the month.
Tuesday to Sunday 12pm-4pm. Closed Mondays (except Bank Holidays).
Open Saturday 30 March - Sunday 3 November 2013.
The timber-framed house was built in 1590 by Richard Smalbroke, a member of one of Birmingham’s leading merchant families. More than 400 years later, beautiful Blakesley is still a haven; secluded from the avenues of modern houses that lie beyond its gates. Admission charges apply to the Hall only. Gardens, grounds and visitor facilities are free to all vistors. There is free admission to the entire site on the first Sunday in every month during the open season.
What will I see?
- The traditional herb garden and orchard – a haven for butterflies and birds
- The 400-year-old wall decorations in the Painted Chamber
- The Long Table in the Great Hall – an original piece of furniture listed in the 1684 inventory of the house
- The mural of Blakesley Hall inside the main entrance to the visitor centre – painted by Julie Eyett in 2001
What's On at Blakesley Hall
- Family holiday craft activities.
Children’s craft activities every Thursday during the school holidays. 1pm-3pm. See What's On for craft activity details. £1 per child. No booking required. Normal admission charges apply to the house
- Animal Mania. Sunday 26 May, 12-4pm.
Meet an exciting range of creatures with our mobile zoo. £1 per person.
- Falconry Day. Sunday 16 June, 12-4pm
Falcons, Hawks and Owls take to the air with the Hagley Falconry Centre. Free. Normal admission charges apply to the house.
- Jazz at Blakesley. Sunday 7 July, 12-4pm
Enjoy an afternoon of jazz performed in Blakesley’s beautiful grounds as part of the 29th Birmingham International Jazz Festival. Free.
- Knight School. 31 August, 12-4pm
Have you got what it takes to be a knight? Learn the art of combat, swordplay and the code of chivalry. Free. Normal admission charges apply to the house.
What's On at All Birmingham Museums' Heritage Sites
For more information on events and activities check the What’s On page for listings.
See our images of Blakesley Hall from the past and present on flickr.
Weddings at Blakesley Hall
Blakesley Hall is registered as an official location for civil ceremonies. Find out about getting married at Blakesley Hall - Weddings.