Tel: +44 (0)121 348 8120
Entry: Charges apply to house only. Gardens, grounds and visitor facilities are free to all visitors.
Children under 16 FREE
Annual multi site pass: £20 individual, £30 joint
Free entry on the first Sunday of the month.
Tuesday to Sunday 12pm-4pm. Closed Mondays (except Bank Holidays).
Open Saturday 12 April - Sunday 2 November.
The timber-framed house was built in 1590 by Richard Smalbroke, a member of one of Birmingham’s leading merchant families. More than 400 years later, beautiful Blakesley is still a haven; secluded from the avenues of modern houses that lie beyond its gates. Admission charges apply to the Hall only. Gardens, grounds and visitor facilities are free to all vistors. There is free admission to the entire site on the first Sunday in every month during the open season.
What will I see?
- The traditional herb garden and orchard – a haven for butterflies and birds
- The 400-year-old wall decorations in the Painted Chamber
- The Long Table in the Great Hall – an original piece of furniture listed in the 1684 inventory of the house
- The mural of Blakesley Hall inside the main entrance to the visitor centre – painted by Julie Eyett in 2001
What's On at Blakesley Hall in October
- Tom, Frank and May - One Family's Story.
12th April - 2nd November.
This exhibition tells the First World War story of the Merry family who lived at Blakesley Hall from 1901 to 1932. Entrance to the exhibition is included in the admission price.
- Plague & Pestilence. 27th - 31st October, 12-3pm.
Learn about cures for the plague and visit our spooky Halloween den with fun activities for families. Drop-in. £1 per child.
- Great Fire of London Craft activity. 2nd November, 12pm-3.30pm.
Get arty and re-create the Great Fire of London in a vibrant window picture. £1 per child.
- Fire & Plague - Samuel Pepys. 2nd November, 1pm and 3pm.
Samuel Pepys pays a visit to Blakesley Hall to share his stories and observations from his famous diary!
What's On at All Birmingham Museums' Heritage Sites
For more information on events and activities check the What’s On page for listings.
See our images of Blakesley Hall from the past and present on flickr.
Weddings at Blakesley Hall
Blakesley Hall is registered as an official location for civil ceremonies. Find out about getting married at Blakesley Hall - Weddings.