Tel: +44 (0)121 303 1966
Entry: Free entrance. Some exhibitions and events may charge.
Monday - Thursday 10am - 5pm
Friday 10.30am - 5pm
Saturday and Sunday 10am - 5pm
Open Bank Holidays except 26th December.
Closed on 24th, 25th and 26th December 2013.
Open on New Year's Day 1st January 2014 11am - 4pm
- The art gallery is famous for its Pre-Raphaelite paintings, which are part of the largest public Pre-Raphaelite collection in the world.
- You can also see art and objects spanning seven centuries of European and World history and culture. This includes Greeks & Romans and Ancient Egypt.
- Recently Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery has also become home to the Staffordshire Hoard. There is a temporary Hoard gallery where objects can be seen on display. A permanent gallery will be developed.
- The Birmingham History collections feature prominently in the new 'Birmingham: its people, its history' gallery, which opened in late 2012.
- The collections have been Designated as outstanding by the Department of Culture, Media and Sport and have local, regional, national and international importance.
Many of the objects from BMAG's science collections can be seen at Thinktank - Birmingham's Science Museum.
Exhibitions and Events
BMAG also has a diverse exhibition programme that offers a series of changing exhibitions throughout the year. Information about exhibitions and events can be found on the What's On page.
There are galleries and events specifically designed for families and children. Please look at the For Families page for more information.
Put your own object under the spotlight - bring it to the museum for our experts to tell you all about it. Sessions are held on the third Wednesday of each month between 1pm and 3pm. They will take place in the Industrial Gallery on the 2nd floor. Please note that the curators cannot give valuations.