Aston Hall and Park Wins National Award
1st October 2010
Aston Hall and Park project has won the Homes and Communities Agency's 'Flourishing Places' award 2010. The award ceremony took place in London on 23rd September 2010.
This is a national award, sponsored by the MLA, with the following criteria:
- Placed culture, sport or the arts at the heart of your regeneration or growth project
- Embedded culture, sport or the arts in local development plans
- Had a positive impact on a community through improved cohesion, empowerment, participation and local sense of pride and identity
- Demonstrated the clear role of culture, sport or the arts in achieving great places
- Delivered a community that is culturally vibrant and reflects its distinctive identities
- Provided access to cultural activities, opportunities for learning and self-expression, attractive and safe open spaces and a well-designed built environment that respects and enhances local character
- Promoted knowledge transfer
There were 261 entrants to the awards and Aston Hall and Park came top out of a shortlist of six in the 'Flourishing Places' award.
View the list of Home and Communities Awards winners on their website.
You can follow news from this museum through the RSS 2.0 feed.